Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fashion would never be the same with vintage patterns and fabrics for .25 cents.






There i was on my country road side driving towards South Carolina for my family trip to stay at a cabin on Lake Barnwell with my husband and my son. We have lots of fun but as always I have to do the mandatory stop at the local thrift shops. Is like going to the surprise place where you can find all kind of stuff you wont expect anywhere else. And you will end up paying almost nothing. That was exactly what happen.  




When I stop in the first thrift store I found lots of clothes that were super cheap and in great shape. When I went to the back of the store guess what they have? an entire rack full of old patterns 25 cents each! I did my day. Patterns this days are expensive. About $12-$15 each  and a good vintage pattern with all its parts in my size for 25 cents is a gift.  I found buttons  zippers, closures, pins and all kind of sewing stuff for almost nothing. Thrift stores always have something you need for less money. Stop there and shop around.




Another place to find cheap patterns new ones and vintage is e-bay. They will sell you single patterns and lots for almost nothing. You just have to be creative and adapt the patterns to your stile. Most of the vintage stiles now are in fashion. Some of them are classics that will never run out. I am all about saving money specially now that I'm a stay at home mom and my income is lower. Depending only on my husband income have been a big challenge. specially for me that i have been working all my life since I am 16 years old. Since I got injured in the military and i cant work. Now is a challenge to find ideas on how to save. So this just came like form the heaven. I just need Ideas of where to find cheaper fabrics cause where i leave we have just jo-anns and walmart they are good but not the cheapest places to buy. The thrift stores don't have fabrics when i go there. So if you have any ideas you are more than welcome to share them with me......Please....

No comments:

Post a Comment